So apparently Marvel decided to bump its release date for Avengers: Infinity Wars from early May to April 27 (only fifteen days from the release of this blogpost). To celebrate its early arrival, I’ll be sharing some trivia about the heroes we know, love, and in some cases laugh with.
- During the first Avengers movie, Iron Man actor Robert Downey Jr. improvised many of his lines, including—but not limited to—offering food he happened to have on set, and the line “Doth Mother know you weareth her drapes?”
- Shawarma scales increased after the release of the first Avengers.
- According to Loki actor Tom Hiddleston, the code name for the first Avengers was “Group Hug.”
- In Avengers: Age of Ultron, Natasha Romanoff gets a scene where she talks about how she was sterilized during her training as an assassin. During the filming of this movie, Romanoff’s actress—Scarlett Johansson—was pregnant.
- Sub-fact: to hide Johansson’s pregnancy, she had stunt doubles who bore such a strong resemblance to her that they supposedly confused Chris Evans (Captain America).
- In Age of Ultron, Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Elizabeth Olsen co-starred as twins Pietro and Wanda Maximoff (“he’s fast and she’s weird”). Prior to this movie, they had both appeared in the 2014 movie
- Evidently, Age of Ultron included Stan Lee’s favorite cameo.
- Joss Whedon (director of the first two Avenger movies) claimed it’s difficult to juggle so many characters who come from different storylines and universes. Because of this, he opted not to direct Infinity War or next year’s Avengers Movie.
- In the past, Wolverine actor Hugh Jackman expressed an interest in reprising his role in a Marvel film (he wanted to see his character fighting Iron Man). Though he’s moved on to different projects, Jackman still wants to see Wolverine and Iron Man fighting each other.
- At least two characters who change their look for Infinity Wars are Natasha Romanoff and Captain America.
- Infinity Wars will be the 19th movie in Marvel’s arsenal, with a grand total of (according to Thor actor Chris Hemsworth) 76 comic book characters making an appearance. Have fun!